Do I need a License?

No. Anything that you might need as far as documentation will come down the line when you start touring around the country winning all those races! ROAR is one of those organizations where you can be covered by insurance as well as race in sanctioned events. But for now, you are fine without anything.

For aircraft lovers, there are some licenses that you will need. The AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) is a respecful organization that provides the modeler with insurance. Having an AMA card is required at many air fields. SCH suggests for everyone to obtain an AMA card to help protect you as well as others.